This August will be B’s and my 5th wedding anniversary. It’s special for both of us because it’ll be the longest either of us have ever been married to anyone (we’re both second timers) AND everyone knows that the 5th wedding anniversary is the Vegas Anniversary! I would say this is payback for B “updating” the anniversary presents for our first anniversary gift (the PS3), but this will also be a mutually beneficial anniversary gift. Plus, he’s my favoritest husband, EVER. And I KNOW I’m the best wife he’s ever had.
It’s also a mixed blessing that I do so much meeting planning and traveling for my work. Mixed in that sometimes it’s really tough to be gone so much, but the trade-off in points is kind of awesome. How so? Well, here are the things I’ve paid for with points so far:
- Booked our hotel stay at the Palazzo with points – 3 nights.
- Booked airfare for 1 round trip ticket with points.
- I have $250 in spa credits to use for hair and makeup while in Vegas. Thank you points!
Things we have shelled out real money for:
- Elvis Renewal Package at the Graceland Wedding Chapel!!!
Things we will probably shell out real money for:
- New dress for me
- Dress accessories (also for me)
- Whatever B decides to wear
- Incidentals while in Vegas
- Food (in Vegas specifically)
- One more round trip ticket (I have more points coming my way, but we’re trying to decide if we use or hold them.)
Things I am waffling on doing:
- Making a brooch bouquet to carry down the aisle while being escorted by Elvis. Because really, why not? This will probably happen.
[SIDE NOTE THAT IS TOTALLY RELEVANT] I love Pinterest. I have a whole board devoted just to our 5th Anniversary and what we want to do. You can view it over here. [/END RELEVANT SIDE NOTE]
And another thing? This is honestly, my dream wedding come true. I have always wanted to get married in Vegas and now we’re doing it! Well, we’re renewing our vows, but in a way, this is even better. At least it is for me. We’re going to celebrate our love for each other by being silly and having fun and it really doesn’t get much better than that in my book. (Also, full disclaimer/disclosure: I totally wanted Bob Denver to marry us, but only as Gilligan. This, I have been told, is both ridiculous and also never going to happen since he’s been dead since 2005. I am totally cool with an Elvis impersonator as choice number 2.)
So in 100 days, B and I will be celebrating our life together. We’ll be getting some alone/grown up time so we can be ridiculous and silly and awesome. I can’t think of a better way for us to spend our 5th anniversary together. I can’t wait!!