I know I have been spotty in keeping you up to date with what’s been going on with me. And mostly just downright absent. And I have actually been doing all kinds of things behind your back. Some fun, some necessary, some boring, some sucky and to sum it all up, life. I have been living my life without you. And at first it was because I thought I didn’t have time. Then I thought that maybe it was just for the best. Like the way some friendships go. At first, you’re hanging out all the time, then things come up and hanging out doesn’t happen as often. After awhile, you are just cordial and nod or wave hello, but don’t really hang out anymore. I thought I would be ok with that because I was “busy.”
But then I started to miss you. I was doing all these things I wanted to share with you but I thought for sure you would be mad at me and wouldn’t want to hear them. You would probably pretend to be interested in what I had to say, but when I wasn’t looking, you would totally talk about me behind my back with your other little blog friends and say really mean things about me.
And then I remembered. You’re a fucking blog. And in my country, I blog you.
So, in a nutshell, here’s what’s been going on while I was ignoring you (not necessarily in this order)
- My workaholic tendencies got the better of me. To the point where I almost never go out if it isn’t work related.
- I’ve been traveling more for work so when I’m home, I rarely go out if it isn’t work related.
- I got depressed.
- I got diagnosed with SAD.
- This is something I have suffered from basically ever since I moved to the States but the last few years have been the worse and I finally sought professional help. I shouldn’t have waited so long.
- I was prescribed a light boxfor SAD by my therapist as an alternative to taking medication. It worked.
- Note: You do not need an actual prescription to buy a light box, but you should talk to a professional before investing in one. If you don’t use it properly, it will not help you.
- I got better (That light box saved me from going to jail. I’m just saying.)
- My diet and exercise went to shit. I gained a lot of unwanted weight. (See: Travel. Workaholic. SAD.)
- I learned how to use my DSLR.
- We re-did the floors (bamboo) in the house and painted out living/dining room combo BRIGHT ASS GREEN (Awakening by Valspar). It’s awesome.
- B finally recognized and accepted the size of his bald spot and shaved his head.
- B and I made it to FIVE YEARS OF MARRIAGE (to be sung in the manner of FIIIIVE GOOOOOLD RIIIIIIIINGS!!!!!!)
- We went to Vegas and celebrated our anniversary by renewing our vows. And finally going on our honeymoon. It was awesome.
- Note to self: Order photos of vow renewal.
- I took a bunch of pictures while we were in Vegas.
You can see the rest of the set here.
- I haven’t been knitting, spinning or weaving like I intended (See: Workaholic. Depression.)
- Got my second tattoo for my 34th birthday. (It only took me 13 years to decide what I wanted after my first one.)
- I’m planning my third tattoo. It’s knitting related. That’s all I’m saying until it’s done. (No more spoilers.)
- I’ve started working out several times. After a few false starts, I’m feel like I’m on my way to being back on track.
- We’re once again revamping our eating habits (always a work in progress).
- I’m knitting more. I almost have a finished project! It has only taken me…um…most of the year to knit it. (I think I’ve already covered why. See above.)
- Developed and nurtured a nail polish addiction. Last night I realized that I know own nail polish that I haven’t even worn yet.
I’m sure I’m forgetting some stuff, but that is the beauty of having you. I can always come back and tell you more.
And blog? I’m sorry I’ve been gone so long. This feels so good. I don’t know why I ever stopped. We should do this again. Soon.