Yesterday, I transported two of the most adorable Rottweiler puppies to the Atlanta airport so they could get on a plane to go meet their new daddies in Guatemala. And because school is out, I ended up with two helpers who were less thrilled about the getting up at 6 am part of driving to Atlanta, but excited about the prospect of visiting the Georgia Aquarium. It was an incredibly educational trip. Here are some of the things we learned yesterday.
- The cargo drop off areas for airlines other than FedEx, UPS or Delta are really hard to find at the Atlanta airport.
- Puppies and dead people can potentially be on the same plane. A dude in a hearse dropped off a casket while we were there.
- Shipping puppies is fairly common. Another lady was there with a dachshund puppy to be shipped.
- Not everyone can tell time and do math. When we got there at 1pm to drop the puppies off, the dude behind the counter told me we would have to wait an hour because we couldn’t drop them off more than 4 hrs before the flight. The flight was scheduled to leave at 4:36pm.
- If you are shipping two puppies in one crate, they have to be from the same litter. I don’t know why, but apparently it’s a big deal. Actual conversation I had yesterday:
Him: Are these puppies from the same litter?Me: I don’t know. Does it matter?
Him: Yes. If they’re not from the same litter then they can’t travel in the crate together.
Me: Then they’re from the same litter.
- A pile of sleeping otters is one of the cutest things on the planet.
- Alligators do not care if you watch them get it on. This is also very embarrassing for 12 year olds. They may something like, “We can go now.” when they see nature acting, well, naturally.
- There is a dolphin show now at the Georgia Aquarium that is…well… The dolphins are amazing. The rest of the show? Yeah, not so much. It was pretty awful. The opposite of fabulous. Times infinity. The dolphins, though, were SPECTACULAR.
- Here are the rest of the photos I shot at the Aquarium yesterday. http://www.flickr.com/photos/graceshadix/sets/72157629976879796
- I am very tired today.
What’s up with you guys?